Waiting for what?
Welcome to WaitingForFriday.com! This is the web-home of Simon Inns. Here you will find a range of articles on my projects as well as information about my retro computing hobby.
I hope you find something useful and perhaps even build some of the projects you'll see here. If you have an idea for a project, or have built something from this site and want to share a picture; please feel free to contact me. I'd love to hear from you!
2016-10-14: Added a new article showing how to make a USB to Quadrature mouse adapter for the Acorn BBC Micro and Master series 8-bit computers.
2016-06-12: Added a new article about making a Acorn Speech PHROM TMS6100 Emulator, part of the hardware required to add speech synthesis to an Acorn BBC Microcomputer.
2016-05-25: Added a new article about building a simple Acorn Econet Clock using only an ATtiny microcontroller.
2014-11-05: Added a schematic for the TMS1000 based Rev A PCB from a MB Simon game to the article Reverse engineering an MB Electronic Simon game
2013-06-02: Added a new article about Fast Hartley Transformation which includes a library to perform frequency analysis of sampled data in low-RAM environments such as AVR 8-bit microcontrollers.
2013-04-15: Added a new article showing how to convert a Nintendo Four Score into a Nintendo Four Score USB adaptor in order to play emulated NES games using the original joypads.
2013-04-01: The website is being moved to a new webserver so there will be a little downtime as I perform the migration. Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible! - This task is now complete; just waiting for the DNS changes to propagate and the site should be back to normal.
2013-01-19: Added a new article about building a 6 DOF robot arm from scratch. This is still a work in progress and the electronics and firmware design will be coming soon.
2012-07-05: Added a new article about building a Raspberry Pi Plexiglass Case using simple tools.
You can also find videos of most of my projects on YouTube, just follow this link to my channel. All of the project videos from my channel are embedded into the articles on this site.
Want to get in touch?
Please feel free to use the forum if you want to get in touch.
Donate to waitingforfriday.com:
If you like this site and want to help support future projects, or you just want to show appreciation for a project you built, used or enjoyed, please consider leaving a PayPal donation. It's quick, secure and helps us to run the site and fund future projects!
|PayPal, fast, easy and secure|
Most popular pages:
- Home (523,075 views)
- Building a PIC18F USB device (448,121 views)
- 4-Bit Computer (218,956 views)
- Open Source Framework for USB Generic HID devices based on the PIC18F and Windows (202,758 views)
- Projects (181,786 views)
- Controlling LED brightness using PWM (170,680 views)
- Real-Time Audio Spectrum Analyser (129,268 views)
- Open Source Visual C++ Class for USB Generic HID Communication (122,419 views)
- Commodore SID 6581 Datasheet (101,455 views)
- USB RGB LED VU Meter (84,599 views)
- PIC USB Development Board (80,411 views)
- C64 VICE Front-End (75,352 views)
- 16x8 LED Matrix Display (72,385 views)
- Building a robot arm (63,533 views)
- Reverse engineering an MB Electronic Simon game (57,094 views)
- Rotary Encoder Demonstration (55,504 views)
- USB Performance Monitor (54,491 views)
- USB Generic HID Open Source Framework for Atmel AVR and Windows (52,229 views)
- PC Case USB LCD (50,083 views)
- Retro Computing (47,585 views)