Waiting for what?
Welcome to WaitingForFriday.com! This is the web-home of Simon Inns. Here you will find a range of articles on my projects as well as information about my retro computing hobby.
I hope you find something useful and perhaps even build some of the projects you'll see here. If you have an idea for a project, or have built something from this site and want to share a picture; please feel free to contact me. I'd love to hear from you!
2016-06-12: Added a new article about making a Acorn Speech PHROM TMS6100 Emulator, part of the hardware required to add speech synthesis to an Acorn BBC Microcomputer
2016-05-25: Added a new article about building a simple Acorn Econet Clock using only an ATtiny microcontroller.
2014-11-05: Added a schematic for the TMS1000 based Rev A PCB from a MB Simon game to the article Reverse engineering an MB Electronic Simon game
2013-06-02: Added a new article about Fast Hartley Transformation which includes a library to perform frequency analysis of sampled data in low-RAM environments such as AVR 8-bit microcontrollers.
2013-04-15: Added a new article showing how to convert a Nintendo Four Score into a Nintendo Four Score USB adaptor in order to play emulated NES games using the original joypads.
2013-04-01: The website is being moved to a new webserver so there will be a little downtime as I perform the migration. Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible! - This task is now complete; just waiting for the DNS changes to propagate and the site should be back to normal.
2013-01-19: Added a new article about building a 6 DOF robot arm from scratch. This is still a work in progress and the electronics and firmware design will be coming soon.
2012-07-05: Added a new article about building a Raspberry Pi Plexiglass Case using simple tools.
2012-01-29: Added a new article on how to reverse engineer a 1.5 inch photo frame LCD for use in your own projects Reverse Engineering a 1.5 inch Photoframe
You can also find videos of most of my projects on YouTube, just follow this link to my channel. All of the project videos from my channel are embedded into the articles on this site.
Want to get in touch?
Please feel free to use the forum if you want to get in touch.
Donate to waitingforfriday.com:
If you like this site and want to help support future projects, or you just want to show appreciation for a project you built, used or enjoyed, please consider leaving a PayPal donation. It's quick, secure and helps us to run the site and fund future projects!
|PayPal, fast, easy and secure|
Most popular pages:
- Home (501,530 views)
- Building a PIC18F USB device (436,693 views)
- 4-Bit Computer (210,606 views)
- Open Source Framework for USB Generic HID devices based on the PIC18F and Windows (197,143 views)
- Projects (177,650 views)
- Controlling LED brightness using PWM (157,811 views)
- Real-Time Audio Spectrum Analyser (124,184 views)
- Open Source Visual C++ Class for USB Generic HID Communication (118,183 views)
- Commodore SID 6581 Datasheet (95,738 views)
- USB RGB LED VU Meter (82,378 views)
- PIC USB Development Board (78,431 views)
- C64 VICE Front-End (72,098 views)
- 16x8 LED Matrix Display (71,048 views)
- Building a robot arm (59,829 views)
- Reverse engineering an MB Electronic Simon game (54,453 views)
- Rotary Encoder Demonstration (54,036 views)
- USB Performance Monitor (53,034 views)
- USB Generic HID Open Source Framework for Atmel AVR and Windows (49,550 views)
- PC Case USB LCD (48,781 views)
- Retro Computing (45,832 views)